20070926

October 31, 1983

Life has begun. I have emerged from the womb. I desperately long for the breath of life, but remnants of hardened placenta have bunged my tiny nostrils. I watch silently in awe as the gargantuan creature wielding stainless steel, surgical scissors severs my lifeline, the only umbilical cord I have ever known. I want to cry, but am only capable uttering a low and menacing whimper. The monster reaches for his next device of a torture, a small white cotton swab, and impales it into each of my nostrils. The placenta works its way up into my nasal cavity. The beast is trying to kill me. I kick my right leg in desperation, knowing that my life may soon be over. The creature chuckles a little and reaches for another weapon. This time it is a tiny blue bulb, which he again forces into my nose. I attempt to bite his arm, but all I have are gums. He squeezes the bulb gently and I feel as though my life is being sucked away inside of it. The entire room becomes grey and everything surrounding me disappears. This is when I first realize my gift, the gift of nonlinear time. This is my first moment of clarity. My soul stumbles through the corridors of nothingness and emerges upon creation. I have escaped my birth.

No comments: